BWF MetaEdit is a free, open source tool that supports embedding, validating, and exporting of metadata in Broadcast WAVE Format (BWF) files. BWF MetaEdit is available for download at SourceForge and was developed by the Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative to support its guideline for embedded metadata in the bext and INFO chunks. The application was developed by AudioVisual Preservation Solutions.
Users of BWF MetaEdit can:
- *Import, edit, embed, and export specified metadata elements in WAVE audio files
- *Export technical metadata from Format Chunks and minimal metadata from bext and INFO chunks as comma-separated values and/or XML, across a set of files or from individual files
- *Evaluate, verify and embed MD5 checksums, as applied to the WAVE file’s data chunk (audio bitstream only)
- *Enforce the guideline (above) developed by the Federal Agencies Audio-Visual Working Group, as well as specifications from the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Microsoft, and IBM
- *Generate reports that show errors in the construction of WAVE files
- *Choose from command line and GUI, for Windows/PC, Macintosh OS, Linux.